DLE-40 Twin Two-Stroke Petrol Engine
- Light, efficient design for a high power-to-weight ratio
- Lightweight piston for fast acceleration, excellent compression and low vibration
- CNC-machined parts for high performance and long life
- Sealed crankshaft bearings
- Optimised pumper carb
- Updated mufflers for sound reduction, excellent aeration and power
- Phenolic insert to insulate carb from crankcase heat
- Composite backplate mount
- Opposing cylinders help dampen vibration that can prematurely "age" engines and airframes and reduce engine life.
Smooth operation - lasting value
Finding an engine with enough power for your model is easy. Finding an engine that offers you more than the DLE-40 Twin? That's next to impossible.
DLE offers the ease and efficiency of electronic ignition, the smooth operation and long life of an opposed twin and the incredible bang-for-the-buck that all DLE engines offer. Features that are extras on other engines are standard equipment on DLE engines. They run from high-dollar items such as electronic ignition and muffler(s) down to conveniences like mounts, spark plugs and connectors.
Performance, plus - that's what you can expect from all DLE Engines.
DLE electronic ignition means faster first-time starts, smooth idling and superb throttle transition.
No-compromise carbs. Each DLE carb is designed and matched to a specific engine for "no-compromise" performance.
Loaded with performance and value. DLE Engines offer more for the money, with standard features that include electronic ignition, muffler(s), spark plugs and more.
|Displacement:||40.0 cc (2.45 cu in)|
|Bore (x2):||1.26 in (32 mm)|
|Stroke (x2):||0.98 in (25 mm)|
|Weight:||3.3 lb (1.50 kg)|
|RPM Range:||1,500 - 8,500|
|Output:||4.8 hp @ 8500 rpm|
|Requires:||Unleaded Petrol (Gasoline), oil, ignition battery & propeller|
|Includes:||Electronic Ignition Module, 2 each of Mufflers and Spark Plugs, Mount, Standoffs, Spiral Wire Wrap, Connector Safety Clips and Instruction Manual|
|Recommended Prop:||19x8, 19x10, 20x8 & 20x10|
|Ignition Battery:||4.8-8.4 NiCd/NiMH, 6.6V LiFe or 2S LiPo pack
(Voltage regulator required if LiPo or LiFe pack is used)
|Static Thrust:||20.9 lb (9.5 kg) @ 328 feet altitude, 18.7 lb (8.5 kg) @ 1,800 feet altitude|
|Weight Breakdown:||Engine: 2.58 lb (1.17 kg) | Muffler (x2): 3.6 oz (102 g) | Ignition Module: 5.3 oz (149 g) | Standoffs: 0.7 oz (19 g) | Misc: 2 oz (56 g)|