JMA Top Gun 2017
Author: Steve Roberts | Date: 25th May 2017
The Jet Modellers Association's TopGun event took place at Royal Navy air station Merryfield in Somerset over the weekend of the 20th and 21st May.
Saturday was a general funfly and Sunday was competition day. A slightly different format for 2017 has people wishing to compete fly alongside those wishing to just fly for fun.
Several categories were competed over including Scale jets, Sports jets and the overall 'top gun' categories.
- TopGun- Steve Elias, BVM F-86 with JR servos fitted.
- Scale- Steve Elias, BVM F-86 with JR servos fitted.
- Sports Jet- Steve Roberts, CARF Ultra Flash, JR servos, XG11 radio.
- Pete Nye Memorial trophy- Matt Smailes, DerJet Hunter, JR servos, 28x radio.
- Royal Navy special recognition trophy- Steve Haughty, F-16, JR servos.
- Pilots choice- Luke Metcalf, English Electric Lightening, JR servos.
Amazingly all models that were awarded had JR servos fitted, just goes to show how people rely on quality servos.
A great weekend was had by all - Thank you to the JMA, Royal Navy club and to those who helped run the event and flight line.
Steve Robert's CARF Ultra Flash with JR servos, controlled by XG11 radio
More photos can be found on RCU by Alastair Powers.