Competition Incl. Sensor Switch & Patch Leads
- Servo-Match function: servo centre, end-points and reverse for 4 channels and 8 servos
- Graphic OLED screen with 128 x 64 pixels
- Extremely user-friendly menu-based programming using the SensorSwitch
- 12 channels
- Signal amplification and interference suppression for all 18 outputs
- Variable frame rate, range 9ms - 21ms
- 16-bit processor for fast, high-resolution signal processing
- double-regulated output voltages for receivers and servos
- regulated voltage with selection facility, 5.9V or 7.4V
- Connection facilities for Spektrum, HoTT and Multiplex MSB downlink bus systems
- Direct transmission of battery voltage and capacity to the transmitter
- Separate voltage and capacity display for each battery
- Minimum value memory alerts the user to voltage collapses
- Large-area heat-sinks for high regulator performance
- Regulator monitoring, regulator error indicator
- Support for three battery types: LiPo, NiMH / NiCd, LiFePo
- Suppression of any servo feedback currents which may occur
- Updateable with PowerBox Systems USB Interface connectors
|Operating voltage||4.0V - 9.0V|
|Power supply||2S LiPo, 2S LiIon, 2S LiFePo, 5S NiCd/NiMH|
|Current drain Power-on state||130mA|
|Current drain Standby||15µA|
|Maximum load current||Peak 2x20A|
|Output voltage||5.9V and/or 7.4V regulated|
|Programmable servo outputs||4 channels, 8 servos|
|Servo signal resolution||0.5µs|
|Signal frame rate||9ms, 12ms, 15ms, 18ms, 21ms|
|Screen||OLED 128 x 64 pixels, graphic|
|Supported telemetry systems||Spektrum, HoTT, M-Link|
|Dimensions||110 x 72 x 24 mm|
|Weight Sensor Switch||15g|
|Temperature range||-30°C to +75°C|
The PowerBox Competition 2010 is the logical development of the original Competition power supply system with regulated output voltage, which was first introduced back in 2003. The range of applications for this backer is virtually limitless due to the large number of integral features.
The Competition supports twelve channels remotely accessed from the receiver, four of which are equipped with a servo-match function. This makes it ideal for aerobatic models in the 25% to 35% class as well as for jets.
The purpose of servo-matching is to adjust the centre point, end-points and direction of rotation very accurately for each servo. This means that multiple servos connected mechanically to a single control surface can be fine-tuned to operate exactly in parallel, preventing the servos working against each other. They are able to develop their full power, and consume less current. Servo-matching can also extend the effective life of your servos enormously.
However, servo-matching also allows functions to be linked, avoiding the need for two channels at the transmitter. As an example: the left and right landing flaps can be operated using just one transmitter channel, as the direction of rotation and the servo end-points are adjusted at the Competition. This saves channels, and in many cases makes the transmitter programming procedure much easier.
All the settings are programmed using the SensorSwitch in conjunction with the high-resolution OLED screen. All the menu points are displayed in full text form on the screen - rather than as abbreviations - which makes it much easier to understand the procedure.
The Competition offers the option of a telemetry link with various radio control systems. This facility enables the pilot to view the voltage and residual capacity of both batteries on the transmitter's integral screen. The telemetry interface is simply connected to the receiver using a patch-lead; the TM1000 telemetry module is only required with Spektrum equipment. The receiver then sends the data directly to the transmitter screen. Alarms - such as battery failure - are also generated at the transmitter itself.
The high-resolution OLED screen displays the voltage and residual capacity of both batteries, as well as the output voltage actually present.
The Competition delivers a regulated output voltage of 5.9 V or 7.4 V, making it a great choice for standard 6.0 V servos as well as HV systems. In both cases the constant output voltage ensures consistent running and extended effective life for your servos.
The PowerBox Competition can be updated using the USB interface adapter. This means that future expansions - such as additional telemetry systems - can be loaded and used in just a few minutes.
Teleconverter S-BUS 2
Battery 3200 (Li-Fe)
Order Code: PB4430