Pilot-RC 150in (35%) Columbia 400
- Strong yet light weight design, specially developed for precision acrobatic and 3D flying
- Genuine German Oracover (Ultracote) covering
- Highly prefabricated, experienced builders can have air ready in under a day
- Pre-installed hinges (pocket style scale hinging)
- Internally mounted cowling - so no external screws exposed
- Fuselage includes exhaust tunnel for canisters
- Removable wings and stabs
- Laser engraved motor mounting position and separate servos for rudder and steering
Please note: Instruction manuals are not supplied with Pilot-RC Kits. Generic manuals are downloadable from macgregor.co.uk or pilot-rc.com
Control horns mentioned within manuals are no longer supplied with Pilot-RC ARF Kits.
The Columbia 400 is a full size sporty low wing sport aircraft which for a time held the record for the fastest fixed-gear aircraft in the world. Even though not designed as a speed machine, our model is capable of both relatively high speed flying, as well as amazingly slow crawls thanks to the planes flaps. All this translates to just fun fun fun!
- Complete air frame with all basic accessories. Includes such as carbon fibre main undercarriage with sprung nose leg, fibreglass wingtube with dihedral, carbon stab tube and fibreglass control horns and wheel pants)
- Two seats included (requires pilots and control panel)
- Pre-installed navigation LED lights with programmer and wiring
- Pre-installed hinges and pre-mounted canopy
- Fuel tank and fuel tubing pre-prepared, fuel dot and breather valve
- Wheels, axles and wheel pants
- Matching carbon spinner
Motor: 80-120cc or equivalent electric
Servos: 8 high torque (minimum 20kg) plus throttle // Uses x1 per aileron, x1 per flap, x1 per elevator x1 on rudder and x1 for nose wheel
Also requires all the usual accessories such as transmitter, receiver, propeller, batteries, powerbox, extension leads and possibly other small accessories.
|Wing Area:||2836sq in (18300 sq cm)|
|Fuselage length:||95in (2.41m)|
|Weight:||36.6 lbs (16.5kg)|
|Engine:||100-120cc or equivalent electric|
Schemes List and Replacement Covering Numbers
|Our Order Code||Colour Scheme No||Scheme Name||Oracover Covering No||Ultracote Covering No|
Pilot RC is brings Customer Service to a new level!
Free wood part replacements to repair your plane.
Damaged your Pilot-RC plane? Don't worry about it. Send the damaged plane photos to Tony at email@example.com and he will send you the pre-cut wood so you can repair it. The pre-cut wood is FREE. You only need to pay the shipping cost. if you want the pre-cut Ultracote covering, Pilot-RC will sell it to you at cost. All replacements are sent directly from the factory in China and shipping costs will be calculated prior to shipment. Offer applies to Pilot-RC airplanes only. Pilot-RC does not have the designs and drawing for other manufacturers parts.
Note: Due to constant design improvements Pilot RC reserves the right to change and modify design specifications without notice. Pilot's goal is to provide you with the highest performing airframes in the world using the latest technology, building techniques and materials.