Curtiss JN-4 'Jenny' 71" Wingspan EP ARF
- Fibreglass cowl with scale dummy 90 HP Curtiss OX-5 V8 engine and radiator.
- All airframe assemblies are precovered & pretrimmed.
- Aileron hinge-slots are precut, and each aileron is separately operated by its own in-wing servo.
- All required openings are predrilled and/or precut.
- Cockpit and windshield coaming is preinstalled.
- Pull-pull cables and clevises for elevator and rudder control are preinstalled.
- Landing gear is preformed, and wheels, wheel collars and a steerable tail wheel are included.
The Curtiss JN-4 "Jenny" two-seat biplane was one of the most popular airplanes of all time. It was the first mass-produced airplane and was manufactured in larger numbers than any previous American airplane. By the time of the Armistice in 1918, well over 6,000 JN-4s had been built.
Jennys were used to train 95% of all World War I United States and Canadian pilots; flying schools in Australia, the United Kingdom and France also used them. Sadly, as a consequence, nearly 20% of all Jennys ever built were lost in the course of flight instruction.Specifications
|Wing Area:||1,760 Sq in|
|Flying Weight:||about 20 lbs|
|Engine Required:||40-50CC Gas or 160-180 Glow.|